About the Journal
The Journal of Schenkerian Studies is a peer-reviewed journal published annually by the Center for Schenkerian Studies and the University of North Texas Press under the guidance of Timothy Jackson, Stephen Slottow, and an expert editorial board. The journal features articles on all facets of Schenkerian thought, including theory, analysis, pedagogy, and historical aspects.
Click Here for a list of articles in Volumes 1-7 and abstracts for Volumes 1-2:
Volume 7 (July, 2013) is now available. The University of North Texas Press is a member of the Texas A&M University Press Consortium http://www.tamupress.com/.
For new orders and back issues please contact
Texas A&M University Press Consortium
John H. Lindsey Building
College Station, Texas 77843-4354
Main Press Phone:
Main Press Fax:
Orders Toll Free (U.S. Only):
Information for Potential Contributors
General submissions are accepted year round.
Those who wish to submit articles should consider the following guidelines:
* Manuscscripts should be typed and double-spaced throughout. Use 12-point, Times or Times New Roman font for the text.
* The Journal of Schenkerian Studies uses the author-date documentation system outlined in Chapter 15 of the Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition.
* The Journal of Schenkerian Studies adheres to a double-blind review process. Please avoid identifying yourself directly or indirectly in the manuscript.
* Submissions may be sent via email or mail and should include:
1. A cover letter with the author's contact information.
2. A PDF file of the manuscript and a PDF file of any illustrations or musical examples. These may be combined into a single document. Avoid any indication of the author or affiliated institution in the document properties of any PDF files.
3. A PDF file of an abstract of less than 100 words.
* If mailing, please include the above PDF files on a CD.
If a manuscript is accepted, further detailed instructions will be given in order to prepare the manuscript for publication. It is the responsibility of the author to prepare the manuscript and to provide high-quality files of illustrations and examples.
Send submissions to the editor by email: email@example.com
Or by mail to the the following address:
Journal of Schenkerian Studies
Benjamin Graf, Co-Editor
UNT College of Music
1155 Union Circle #311367
Denton, TX 76203-5017